Module 6: Integration of ICT in Teaching Learning and Assessment

How ICT encourages a child in learning.

Picture of
How ICT encourages a child in learning.
by - Sunday, 20 September 2020, 8:08 PM

Dear friends,

The world is changing in a rapid pace and the teachers in our classrooms are using the same old methodologies in teaching learning processes to achieve the learning outcomes. I agree that we do the right things following the golden ways but the children that come to our schools have an improved and better knowledge as we had at that age in some areas. Some of us haven't seen color TV when they were at school age, some of us are even haven't studied in electric lighting. If we start mentioning like that the world has changed a lot. 

If we compare and observe psychologically a student of the 80s or 90s, a color chart, a color slide or a simply a story books like chandamama might has stimulated their minds towards the learning. If it was a cinema the curiosity was limitless. But nowadays all children see HD, FHD and plasma displays at home. They play with android phones while some of our teachers still unable to use them. So how can we create interest towards the learning content without adopting latest technology and integrating it to the learning process. Its very funny to show them the same old charts or flash cards. Somehow we can create interest by showing videos. But we must learn to create activities like padlet activity, concept maps, matchings in drop and drag style and many more advanced learning techniques. It may be annoying you that how we learn all these things now but it is the reality. The govt also must look into design some digital workbooks through which a child learns by self learning activities. We know that some schools have already started sharing digital content to their students in this COVID 19 pandemic. This is the right time to us to shift our conventional teaching techniques to the modern ways. Every time a student must be inspired by the teachers but not be disappointed by their inability of accessing, using and manipulating the digital, technological tools. I strongly support the initiatives taken by the course designers and directly implementing here in NISHTHA portal. I love to be part of it and continue the spirit like this to be continuous learner.I hope all all our KRPs too agree with me and try to bring a change in the teaching community of AP with their sincere efforts. Though we are afraid of the changes, conflicts first we have to keep trying to get success for the better future of the young children. 

Thanking you.

Naveen Kumar Chinta

Picture of
Re: How ICT encourages a child in learning.
by - Thursday, 2 March 2023, 5:09 PM

There are many ways in which ICT can enrich and support learning and development in Early Childhood.

These include:

• Literacy and language development in Early Childhood.
  • Supporting numeracy development.
  • Supporting play.
  • Supporting special learning needs.