Module 1: Curriculum, Learner centered Pedagogy, Learning Outcomes and Inclusive Education

NPE 2019 Change of education system into 5+3+3+4

Picture of
NPE 2019 Change of education system into 5+3+3+4
by - Friday, 31 July 2020, 4:52 PM

Hai sirs , I am Sai ramakrishna rao SA PS , ZPPHS VADAPALEM , Kothapeta mandal EG Dt. I want to start a discussion on 5+3+3+4 education pattern. I just briefly explain it what I understood. 

Until now we are following 10+2+3 system where first 10 years consists both primary and secondary education and next 2 years consists Intermediate Education. As per NPE 2019 which is accepted by the Government of India, the new education system will consist 5+3+3+4 years.

In the first 5 years , Foundation Course , 1st year nursery , 2nd year LKG , 3rd year UKG , 4th year GRADE I , 5th year GRADE II will be taught . The children who completed 3years are admitted in this course.

After successful completion , they enter into next 3yrs , Pre Primary Education in which 1st year GRADE III , 2nd year Grade IV , 3rd year GRADE V will be taught. 

After successful completion of this Pre Primary students enter into next 3 years, Middle Stage , in which 1st year GRADE VI, 2nd year GRADE VII , 3rd year GRADE VIII will be taught.

After successful completion of this , students enter into next 4 years , Secondary Stage , in which 1st year GRADE IX , 2nd year GRADE X , 3rd year GRADE XI and 4th year GRADE XII will be taught. Thus the student from his 3 years of age to 18 years of age can complete this 5+3+3+4 pattern.

So much to discuss on this. I request my co teachers to respond. Thank you

Picture of
Re: NPE 2019 Change of education system into 5+3+3+4
by - Friday, 31 July 2020, 6:01 PM

Hi Sir, I am Sateesh Suru, SA maths from Srikakulam district. For 5+3+3+4, your explanation is very excellent.  This new schooling structure is essential for this period of our society. Bcoz  we get so many changes in our society in economic, social,gender etc...National education policy 1986 was given somany reforms in education system. But we need changes in that reforms. So, New National education policy 2019 is essential for this time. Now a days, parents like to send thier children to nursery class. So, the education of children should start with nursary and follows LKG and UKG.  The new reforms are very well, because children age 3 to 18 get compulsory education through 5+3+3+4 schooling structure. And also in the middle school i.e after 5+3 , students will study vocational courses which are useful to thier life. Thanks to central government for giving ok to NEP-2019 and increased funds to education and also changed the name of ministry as " Ministry of  Education ". Thank you sir for good explanation about 5+3+3+4 and thank you for giving chance to reply to your discussion.

Picture of
by - Friday, 31 July 2020, 8:07 PM

hello friends,

let me have the pleasure of joining this discussion, I have few doubts regarding Assessment and Administration in the new pattern . so far under 10+2 system we have one exit exam at the end of class 10(as far as state pattern is concerned) where a  Permanent Certificate will be issued . shall a student have to wait till the end of 15 years to get a certificate or will there be Exit exams in between. also Administrative aspects ...  . so far there exit 2 seperate boards SSC and BIE . will the entire 5+3+3+4 pattern be under single umbrella? I dont think it is advisable. 

Thank you

M s prasad,

SA eng,

ZPHS Pedaboddepalli

Visakhpatnam dt.

Picture of
by - Saturday, 1 August 2020, 2:21 PM

Dear friends! 

Regarding the doubt expressed by our friend Satya Prasad,  the NEP proposed that the board exams will continue to be held for classes 10 and 12 but they are going redesign with holistic development. In my opinion the student must continue without leaving with his 10th certificate and finish his 12th exam certificate in order to leave the schooling as it is a part of compulsory education. Both the board exams will come under an umbrella. This would be the first education policy of the 21st century which aims at equity, quality affordability and accountability.

Picture of
by - Saturday, 1 August 2020, 2:09 PM

Dear Friends !

The total scenario is going to change and perfectly suits to our National needs. The expected fruitful events will definitely aid to our National development. This new curricular structure helps all the learning age students from 3-18 years of age. The 5+3+3+4 curricular structure in reality comprise of 3 years of Anganwadi / Pre-schooling and 12 years of schooling from 1-12th classes. This is going to include the Preparatory  as well as senior secondary to the old system of compulsory education. This  systematic change mainly aims at the holistic development of children. Thank you all