- Module 12 Pedagogy of Social Sciences (Upper Primary Stage)
- Understanding the relevance of Social Sciences in order to appreciate the phenomena of continuity and change.
- Recognising the relevance of the subject in establishing inter linkages with natural and social environment.
- Appreciating the values enshrined in the Constitution of India such as justice, liberty, equality and fraternity and the unity and integrity of the nation and the building of a socialist, secular and democratic society.
- Classifying and comparing the cause and effect relationship in the context of occurrence of events, natural and social processes and their impact on different sections of society
- Explaining the concepts like unity in diversity, democracy, development, diverse factors and forces that enrich our culture and art.
- Discussing the need for evolving plurality of approaches in understanding natural and social phenomena
- Creating awareness and sensitivity towards diversity, gender disparity, needs of Children With Special Needs (CWSN) and marginalised sections of society.